Sunday, August 15, 2010

Brew Day

Yesterday I brewed up a Mr. Beer Recipe called Octoberfest Cream Ale. It is supposed to be a tasty ale version of a classic lager recipe. Im trying my new cooler with frozen water bottles inside to keep the temp down. I added 8 water bottles and the temp is at a steady 64 degrees.
I did pitch the yeast warm at about 85 degrees but I think it will be ok. Im going to let this ferment for about 2-3 weeks and then let it condition for 4-6 weeks.


Octoberfest Cream Ale
Recipe Octoberfest Cream Ale Style Oktoberfest/Marzen
Brewer Scott Batch 2.13 gal
Extract
Recipe Characteristics

Recipe Gravity 1.047 OG Estimated FG 1.012 FG
Recipe Bitterness 13 IBU Alcohol by Volume 4.5%
Recipe Color 14° SRM Alcohol by Weight 3.5%
Ingredients

Quantity Grain Type Use
1.21 lb MrB. Mellow Amber UME Extract Extract
1.21 lb MrB. Octoberfest Vienna Lager Extract Extract
Quantity Hop Type Time
0.50 oz Generic Pellet 0 minutes
1.00 oz MrB. Octoberfest Vienna Lager Pellet 5 minutes
Quantity Misc Notes
1 unit Safale S-04 English Ale Yeast Other
Recipe Notes

Batch Notes

Brewed 08/14/10

No comments:

Post a Comment