I brewed another batch of my low calorie ale with a couple of changes. I added some light german munich malt to this batch and also changed up the hop schedule to reduce the bitterness. It looks like the half pound of munich bumps this up 15 calories per bottle to 80 calories a bottle. I used all cascade hops in this one. I got another batch of ingredients with the same grain bill but that one will be all centennial hops. That batch will be brewed later this week.
Amt Name Type # %/IBU
3 lbs Pale Malt (2 Row) US (2.0 SRM) Grain 1 60.0 %
1 lbs Rye Malt (4.7 SRM) Grain 2 20.0 %
8.0 oz Caramel Malt - 60L (Briess) (60.0 SRM) Grain 3 10.0 %
8.0 oz Munich Malt (9.0 SRM) Grain 4 10.0 %
0.50 oz Cascade [4.20 %] - Boil 60.0 min Hop 5 8.7 IBUs
0.25 oz Cascade [4.20 %] - Boil 15.0 min Hop 6 2.2 IBUs
0.25 oz Cascade [4.20 %] - Boil 6.0 min Hop 7 1.0 IBUs
1.0 pkg Safale American (DCL/Fermentis #US-05) [50.28 ml] Yeast 8 -
1.00 oz Cascade [4.20 %] - Dry Hop 4.0 Days Hop 9 0.0 IBUs
80 calories is still very low. I'm looking forward to hearing how this one turns out.
ReplyDelete