My wife and I are in the process of purchasing a larger house. The one we are in is only about 1200 sq ft. With two adults, 2 six year olds, and a soon to be three year old, the house is getting small. So we are getting a much larger house to fit our family.
I have decided either in laziness or a stroke of genius to drink all my homebrew and not brew anything new. That way when we move in early April I won't have to lug bottles of beer or 5 gallon glass carboys of fermenting beer to the new house.
As I was choking down the Chocolate Milk Stout I brewed back in November, I found a lone bottle of Nanci's Brown Ale. This has been by far the best homebrew I have made in a while. So I decided to save the brew and have it be my first beer in my new house.
Speaking of the new house I will have a fermenting room in the basement. I haven't taken temps down there yet but I assume the basement should stay a few degrees cooler than the rest of the house. So I should be fermenting at 65 degrees or so without temperature control all year round.
The first beer I plan on making when I get to the new house is my Jalapeno cream ale. Which I am going to rename Firecracker Cream Ale. Which will imply that it is a good summer beer and also that it has a bit of kick from the Jalapenos. I will make a 5 gallon batch so it will have to be extract. I normally do this is in small batch because I'm hesitant of the Jalapenos, but I always love it and wish I had more.
No comments:
Post a Comment