
I was thinking about bottling my 317 wheat beer today. Which is just a can of Cooper's Brewmaster Selection Wheat extract with three lbs of wheat DME. But I took the gravity and it was above 1020 so I'm leaving it for about another week in the fermenter. I was really hoping to get this done today but I don't want to rush it and have bottle bombs or under fermented beer.
The other day I decided to try a bottle of the Mr. Beer Double American Brown ale that I brewed a few weeks ago. It spent three weeks in the bottle and was at 12 days in the bottle when I tasted it. I put it in the freezer for about half an hour and then tried it. It was surprisingly good. The pour was perfect with about 2-3 fingers of head, the color is a little dark for a brown ale. The flavor/aroma is really good nice and hoppy up front and carmelly in the back. I didn't do gravity readings on this but according to Mr. beer its about 6.5% ABV. I will try to let these condition for a few more weeks as I can only imagine how good this will taste with a few more weeks in the bottle. But I see myself grabbing one and putting it in the fridge to drink tonight. I bottled this in the Mr. Beer 1 liter bottles, so I had 8 and now only 7 one liter bottles.
No comments:
Post a Comment