Saturday was National Homebrew day so I decided to brew up a quick batch. That combined with the pipeline being low led me to brew an all extract batch, which is something I haven't done in a while. I got a Cooper's Brewmaster selection Wheat Beer. I added 3 lbs of DME and steeped half a lb of carapils for body and head.
I brought 1.5 gallons or so of water up to about 160 and added the carapils for about 20 minutes. Then I brought the water close to 200 and removed from the heat and added the DME. Then I brought that to a boil for about 10 minutes. I removed it from the heat and mixed in the Cooper's wheat extract. I added the wort to the fermenting bucket that had about half a gallon of cold water and then topped of to about 5.5 gallons. My temp was high so I put the bucket in an ice batch and cooled down to about 79 degrees before pitching the yeast. The OG was 1.052, and the wort tasted really good.
.5 lb Carapils (steeped)
3.75 lb Cooper's Brewmaster Selection Wheat
3 lb Briess Wheat DME
Coopers yeast
No comments:
Post a Comment