Saturday, May 19, 2012
Cooking with homebrew
On Wednesday I was craving brats. I rarely make brats since the kids don't really eat them. I was off work and only had the youngest child with me so I decided I would make myself some brats and something else for the child. I also decided that soaking those brats in my Firecracker Cream Ale seemed like a great idea. So I put them in a container and poured the Jalapeno infused ale over the top. I let them soak in the fridge for about an hour and then I grilled them. I also grilled some green peppers and onions. The buns I used were the Kings Hawaiian hot dog buns and the square shape made for perfect toasting on the grill.
My Firecracker cream ale is over half gone and I still have lots of people I have promised bottles to. This batch turned out really good.
Recently I got the Sam Adams Hop-tology mix pack and found the beer to be pretty good. One beer that I liked that surprised me was the Tasman red IPA. I'm not a huge fan of the red ale style but this style hopped up I really liked. I had the crazy idea to make a red ale and hop it up and also add some ginger to it. I don't know if it will work but I think I'm gonna try it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I do get to make home-brew beer brats a bunch, but I have not used my Jalapeño beer to do so. Not sure why I have not thought of it. I usually put Jalapeños on my brats and I have "paired" the brats with the Jalapeños beer. Just never thought to use that to soak the brats in.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea.