Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Super Fly Orange Beer Update


Sunday I added the zest of two oranges and the juice from one orange to my no hop beer which I have namedSuper Fly Orange Beer. Today I decided to give it a sample and see how the flavor was. It was pretty much spot on. It had a nice orange flavor and was pretty tasty. Also, my gravity was around 1.011 which what I was shooting for.

So I sprung into action and sanitized bottles, caps and my filling wand. I bottled straight from the Mr. Beer fermenting keg that I did this batch in. I used some leftover Coopers carbonations drops for carbonation. In total it took me about 30 minutes from start to finish to bottle this beer. The new Mr. Beer locking spigot and bottling wand make bottling from the keg a breeze.

I got 25 bottles of this beer. It will sit at room temp for a total of 4 weeks. I intend to give one of these a taste 7 days into carbonation just to make sure that the carbonation is happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment